Massachusetts Youth Soccer has provided new equipment guidelines to minimize contact and exposure between players during the current Covid crisis:
- Coaches should be the only ones to handle common equipment. Coaches will ensure common equipment is disinfected before and after practices and games.
- Balls do not have to be disinfected if they go out of play. However, MYSA is recommending a "best practice" to disinfect balls that are handled by non-players when a ball goes out of play.
- Players will be provided their own "pinnie" for the duration of the season.
- Goalies opting to use gloves cannot share gloves during games. The gloves must be disinfected between uses.
- Referees will be issued electronic whistles for use during games.