Massachusetts Youth Soccer has provided new equipment guidelines to minimize contact and exposure between players during the current Covid crisis:
- Coaches will ensure common equipment is disinfected before and after practices and games
- Coaches will disinfect equipment (balls and goalie gloves) at stoppages in play during games. If equipment contacts anyone above the neck during a game, play must stop and the equipment (balls and goalie gloves) must be disinfected prior to a restart.
- Players will be provided their own "pinnie" for the duration of the season
- Goalies opting to use gloves cannot share gloves during games. The gloves must be disinfected between uses.
- Referees will be issued electronic whistles for use during games