All new coaches within DS Soccer Club (PreK-8th grade) must complete these steps mandated by the State of Massachusetts and US Soccer. All steps are required before you can coach. Help and Support is available if you have questions or encounter problems during the steps.
STEP 1 - Volunteer Registration
Go into the Dover Sherborn Soccer Registration site and log in. Next to your child's name (right side of page) there will be a volunteer button - click that button and follow instructions to register as a coach/assistant.
STEP 2 - Mass Youth Soccer Adult Annual Registration
Every year you must complete a Mass Youth Soccer registration.
This includes the background check (CORI/SORI). This process will take about 15-30 minutes. You will need headshot (camera selﬁe is ﬁne), drivers license, addresses from past 7 years, social security number.
STEP 3 - SafeSport Abuse Prevention Training
- This is an Olympic community initiative to recognize, reduce and respond to misconduct in sports.
- SafeSport Abuse Training initially is a 1.5 core training course, you will then complete refresher courses in future seasons on an annual basis (20 minutes). After the 3rd refresher you will take the core training again.
- It is strongly recommended that you keep both hard and soft copies of the completed certiﬁcates.
- The same SafeSport training can be used for another youth sport.
STEP 4 - Concussion Training
- New coaches must complete Concussion Training that will be valid for two years.
- Allow about 30 - 45 mintues to complete the training.
- After completing make sure to download and have printed copy of course certiﬁcate.