Summary and Structure
New Concepts: A more structured game (with referees) will be introduced in order to prepare the players for travel season starting in 3rd grade. New concepts include: goal kicks, throw-ins, corner kicks, & free kicks. Please refer to these Rules of the Game for details about how the second grade games are organized and run.
Practices: Director of Coaching will lead the practice for 45 minutes, with volunteer coaches running the additional 30 minutes (new concepts, scrimmages, game prep, etc.).
Spring 2022 Season: Starts with practice April 5 and game Saturday April 9th and ends on Saturday June 11th. No game Memorial Day Weekend, May 30th.
Second Grade Girls:
- Practice: Tuesday 4 pm - 5:30 pm @ Laurel Fields, Field 8, Sherborn.
- Game: Saturday 12 pm – 1 pm @ Laurel Fields, Field 8, Sherborn.
Second Grade Boys:
- Practice: Tuesday 5 pm – 6:30 pm @ Laurel Fields, Field 9 & 10, Sherborn.
- Game: Saturday 11:00 am - 12:00 pm @ Laurel Fields, Field 8 Sherborn .
- COVID: We will closely monitor the State's policy on youth sports during the Fall 2021 season.
We want to assure everyone that PLAYER SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY. We don't know exactly what changes are in store for the Fall Season but they will be driven by our governing bodies (the State, Mass Youth Soccer, and schools) and we will do our best to communicate these changes as they are provided to us. For now masks are optional and not mandatory.
Coordinators of the program are:
- Girls: Alexis Madison
- Boys: Peter Rovick