***AS OF JULY 2019 USSOCCER AND THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS HAVE MANDATED THAT ALL STEPS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL COACHES, PRE-K ALL THE WAY THROUGH 8TH GRADE. ALL REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BEFORE YOU CAN COACH!!!***
1) GO TO THE DOVER SHERBORN SOCCER REGISTRATION PAGE HERE AND AND LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
Next to your child's name (right side of the page), there will be a "Volunteer" button under your name. Click on that button and follow the instructions to register yourself as a coach or assistant coach.
2A) IF YOU ARE A **RETURNING COACH** AND COMPLETED SAFESPORT/CONCUSSION TRAINING IN 2019, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS HERE TO LOGIN AND COMPLETE YOUR CORI AND REFRESHER TRAINING (takes ~30 minutes)
Guidance for returning coaches:
FOR YOUR CORI
- Go here to login first and click on the "Register Now" button at the bottom of the page
- On the next page, after entering your current username and password (there is a link if you forgot your password) click on the GREEN "Returning User" button and follow the directions to complete your CORI
FOR YOUR SAFESPORT REFRESHER
- Go here to login
- You will need to navigate to the SafeSport Site Link in the middle of the page and copy/paste your Access Code from just above that link (COPY IT! You will be allowed to paste it in to the SafeSport access)
- Click on the Refresher Training Box, complete the lesson and pass the test (easy, right?)
- You do NOT need to upload your Driver's License
- You will be provided a digital completion certificate. We strongly recommend you save a copy.
- You can find an overview of the process here
2B) IF YOU ARE A **BRAND NEW COACH** AND DID NOT COMPLETE SAFESPORT/CONCUSSION TRAINING IN 2019, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS HERE TO LOGIN AND COMPLETE YOUR TRAINING.
CORI/SORI (Criminal/Sex Offender Record Information) - This is a screening process for all adults who volunteer to work with soccer clubs throughout the state of Massachusetts. Give yourself 15-30 minutes to complete this process. Have the following ready before you start the registration process: A hi-res headshot photo of yourself (camera phone shot works fine), your driver's license, your addresses for the past SEVEN (7) years, and your Social Security Number. This could take 1-2 weeks for the state to process so PLEASE ALLOW PLENTY OF LEAD TIME.
SafeSport Training - This is the Olympic community's initiative to recognize, reduce, and respond to misconduct in sports. Give yourself 1.5-2 hours to complete this training. After completing each course (there are 3) you will have the option to download and print the course completion certification. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU KEEP BOTH HARD AND SOFT COPIES OF THE COMPLETION CERTIFICATES. The certification is transferable to other sports requiring SafeSport certification. If you have completed SafeSport training this calendar year for another youth sport, please upload your certificate.
Concussion Training - This training is provided by the CDC (Center for Disease Control) to educate youth coaches on the risk factors and mitigation steps for concussions in youth sports. Give yourself 30-45 minutes to complete this. After completing the course you will have the option to download and print the course completion certification. DITTO - KEEP BOTH HARD AND SOFT COPIES OF THE COMPLETION CERTIFICATE (and ditto for uploading your certificate if you have completed the training for another sport this calendar year).
***FOR HELP AND SUPPORT***
If you are unsure as to how to continue call the U.S. Soccer Connect support team at (855) 703-2558.
For problems SPECIFIC to the CDC concussion training video please contact [email protected] (sorry, CDC does not have phone support for their video course).
***CDC Concussion Training Workaround (in case you are experiencing performance issues with the CDC training site): Attached below you will find the transcript of the CDC Concussion training AND the associated certification test. Please read the transcript and send your answers to the associated test (no format specified) to [email protected] with the Subject "SafeSport Concussion Training Test" and you should receive the certificate within 48 hours (which you can then upload to the Stacksports site).