- Know the Law and the rules.
- Be professional; i.e. be on time, in proper uniform, prepared, fit, etc.
- Study the game and the spirit of soccer.
- Attend meetings, clinics, and seminars.
- Show respect to players, coaches, parents and spectators.
- Explain rules, when needed.
- Help less experienced referees.
- Play the game to better understand it.
- Seek evaluation from coaches/players.
- Be assessed regularly.
- Smile and enjoy the game.
- Be firm, fair and honest.
- Be consistent.
- Accept only the number and level of assignments that can be done well.
- Be neutral.
- Know and use proper procedures.
- Always remain calm.
- Take each game seriously.
- Implement good management techniques
- Show confidence