Kerry Lynch-Sherborn email@example.com
Oliver Stocks -Dover firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindergarten and First Grade games are 3 vs. 3
Second Grade games are 4 vs. 4
Balanced teams assigned to a coach.
Practices and games are both held on Sundays at Laurel Farms in Sherborn and the Dover Sherborn High School from 1:00 - 2:30 (45 minute practice followed by 45 minute game)
1st and 2nd grades may travel between Dover and Sherborn for a few games. All teams finish season with an intertown Jamboree."
April 21st season begins, no soccer May 26th, last day of Soccer June 16th
- Boys/ Girls In-Town Grade 3 (Non-travel)
The Dover Sherborn 3rd Grade Soccer program is a transition year from the club's introductory K-2 program to more competitive BAYS play which begins in 4th grade. We accomplish this objective through a fun and engaging focus on skill development and modest competition levels.
Dover Sherborn 3rd Grade Soccer will run April 6th until?. There will be no soccer Memorial Day Weekend.
Based on parent and coach feedback, the Dover Sherborn 3rd Grade Soccer program has been revised for the 2012/2013 season. Program specifics for the upcoming year are as follows:
- Integrated Dover Sherborn soccer program.
- All registered 3rd Grade Soccer players will be placed on a Boys or Girls U9 team. There are no tryouts, and team placement is not based on ability. All ability levels are encouraged to come out and play!
- Teams will be coached by volunteer parents. Team assignment will be announced shortly after the close of 3rd grade registration.
- Each team will have one practice and one game per week.
- Practices will take place one weeknight per week and run for 90 minutes
- Each practice will consist of 2 components.
- A 60 minute session where all players will practice together. A subsequent 30 minute section where players will break into their respective teams and practice with their teammates Girls and Boys group practices will be run separately. Girls will only practice with girls, boys will only practice with boys
- Uniforms will be provided for all players
- Practice times are
- 3rd Grade Girls: Thursday's from 4:00 to 5:30 at Laurel Farms in Sherborn
- 3rd Grade Boys: Thursday's from 5:30-7:00 at Laurel Farms in Sherborn
- Practices begin
- Thursday practices will be run by parent volunteers, with oversight from professional coaches from Mass Premier Soccer (MPS)
- Games will be played Saturday mornings at 9:00 AM to 10:00 am and be coached by parents. Games will be 6 v 6 (i.e., not as managed in the K-2 program), with referees. Games will be played against other Dover Sherborn 3rd grade teams. Field location is Laurel Farms fields in Sherbor
- NEW....We have the exciting opportunity this spring to have the 3rd grade boys and girls participate in a multi-town league that includes Westwood, Walpole and Canton. We are entering this league given smaller numbers in the spring for our program (resulting in very few teams), and in further preparation for 4th grade when we enter the BAYS travel league. As a result, we are announcing a few slight modifications to the spring season:
- We will be doing a 10 game season (instead of 8 in the Fall), beginning on Sept 8th and running for 10 straight weeks.
- Approximately 5 home games (Laurel Fields in Sherborn) and 5 away games.
- Home games will be at 10:00am on Saturdays and away games will have varying times and also be on Saturday.
- Games will be moved to 30-minute halves (we did 25-minutes halves in the Fall).
- Teams will continue to be balanced.
- Thursday practices time will be 4:00pm for girls and 5:30pm for boys at Laurel Fields.
We look forward to a great season !
Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions. We are looking forward to a great season - see you in September !
Dover Sherborn 3rd Grade Soccer Coordinator
Grades 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 BAYS
For the grades 4-8 master schedule please follow the link below to the BAYS site. BAYS Schedules